Azure - Migration of legacy .NET applications to Azure
Modern web applications must meet higher utilizer prospects and more preponderant demands than ever afore. By migrating legacy .NET applications to Azure, organizations can ascertain their apps are incredibly secure, flexible and available from anywhere in the world, and scalable to meet spikes in demand.
For example, a global online business needs to modernize its subsisting .NET application due to changes in customer demand. They can migrate their web and mobile application to the cloud for incremented efficiency, legerity, and scale, as well as abbreviated costs. Here, we show a proposed architecture: a plenarily managed platform for building, deploying, and scaling your web apps with Azure App Service and Azure SQL Database.
For the data tier of the app, they can choose Azure SQL Database for its dynamic scalability, built-in perspicacity optimization, and global scalability and availability. They can choose Azure Database Migration Service to migrate their on-premises database to Azure SQL. For the app tier, they can choose Azure App Service, a PaaS service that enables them to deploy the app with just a few configuration changes utilizing Visual Studio. They can choose to deploy two web apps, one for the customer-facing front-end website, and the other a WCF (Windows Communication Framework) or REST services app that verbalizes with both the front-end app and the database and processes business logic. The below describes the migration process.
- Provision of an Azure SQL Database instance in Azure. After the app website is migrated to Azure, the WCF/REST services app will point to this instance.
- Assess the database utilizing Data Migration Assistant and migrate it utilizing the Database Migration Service.
- Provision of the two web apps.
- Set up Azure DevOps: engender an incipient Azure DevOps project, and import GitHub repo.
- Configure connection strings so that the web tier web app, the WCF/REST services web app, and the SQL instance can communicate.
- Set up build and release pipelines to engender the app, and deploy to two separate web apps.
Azure Web Apps offering web applications hosting. It allows developers to focus on delivering business values rather than consuming time on Sever updates or OS patches. Applications built on Java, .NET, PHP, Python, or Node.js can additionally be deployed on web apps.
Azure SQL Database is a plenarily-managed database service, which designates that Microsoft operates SQL Server for us and ascertains its availability and performance. SQL Database additionally includes innovative features to enhance our business continuity, such as built-in high availability.
Azure DevOps provides developer services to support teams to plan work, collaborate on code development, and build and deploy applications.
Service enables seamless migration from multiple database sources to Azure, with minimal downtime.
- Heroku Cloud+Spring Boot - How to deploy your first application on the Heroku cloud?Cloud solution for startups and small businesses.